Not to be mixed up with Xeroxing needs but apparently skin needs.
Wash, tone, clean, cream, then eye gel, lip balm... I feel like Cleopatra
by the time I am finally ready for bed. And the next day everything begins
again. Except hair treatment gets added- hair products like serum, anti
frizz smoothing, etc. And I havent even begun on make up yet! Anti blemish,
SPF UV protection- and I havent ventured into the firming, anti wrinkle
section yet.
I recall my Grandmother. SHe had her own beauty regimen. That
included no soap, only natural products to clean face and hair and
natural facepacks and products. That included washing face with
besan flour or pytham maavu, and applying haldi and chandan to
face and arms. While we shuddered while growing up at the yellow
tint to skin coupled with the natural fragrance of jasmine, they
were clearly onto what we now pay a fortune for- herbal, non oil
non soap natural products
One of the most fascinating customs is oiling hair elaborately, then
washing with shikakai and a few other elements good for hair like
shoeflower etc and then drying it out and scenting it with sambrani
over coal. I relived this whole process while bathing my small days
old baby- much to her consternation.
So, as we have lost the wisdom down the ages, I guess we turn to Neutrogena,
YSL, Clinique, Revlon, Forest Essentials and many more.
Can't say there is much difference unlike the ads that show a clear change.
At my age, I guess as long as you dont regress, you are better off!
No comments:
Post a Comment